Warning, today I won’t be telling you what you want to hear! My desire for you, is to live the family life you love!
For me, becoming a parent has been the greatest opportunity for growth and self-development I have ever experienced. Somehow, watching my kids alerted me to every element of my life. The things I love and the things I hate. I see this as a bonus do over – you get the chance to address and resolve your life to become the best you possible.
Being a parent is undoubtedly the hardest job in the world, but what you probably do not want to admit to yourself, is that until you get your act together, until you truly like who you are, know who you are and what you stand for, parenting will always be tough.
Now I do not want to be harsh, but this is the underlying message I see, again and again.
Until you resolve your own life issues, it is hard to lead your child to be their best selves possible. They are learning everything by watching you.
So I have 3 questions for you:
Will you admit that you are unhappy with your family life?
Are you a little disheartened, dread the afternoon manic hour, frustrated that family life is not the way you imagined it would be? Sadly, nothing will change until you recognise your life is not the way you desire, and that you are not living your best self. It might be something small it might be huge, but until you recognise it, it will never go away.
Do you know how to live the family life you love?
Do you know what the life you love looks like? Do you know how to create it? If the answer is yes, then why not get started.
You probably have an idea of what you need to do, you might even get started, but the challenge comes when you become complacent or slip back into your old ways.
If you are unclear or you can’t begin, consider getting someone to hold your hand to get there Reach out for a coach and start being accountable to someone who has your best interest. Your coach, will support you to implement realistic and practical changes, which will make a real impact on your everyday life and hold you accountable for doing what you say.
What will it take to get you to improve your family life?
Unfortunately, it is not going to be done for you and wishing and hoping it will, will only get you wishes and hopes. Not exactly what dreams are made of? Dreams are made of action and effort and trialling and doing it better next time around.
Seriously, don’t sit there moping or complaining, get up and do something about the problem. You wouldn’t let your kids do nothing, so don’t accept it from yourself.
So what can you do to live the family life you love?
- Keep a journal for a few days:
- Write all that you are grateful for – this is what keeps you going, focuses you on the positive, and inspires you to take action viewing your life from a better place.
- Record what you are most unhappy with (if you are angry, overwhelmed, or frustrated) – notice when this happens and identify how you can quickly make a positive impact.
- Based on what you have observed of your life, confirm that you want to make a change.
- Ask for help, speak to a friend, or find a coach who you can relate to. You are not required to make your life journey on your own – rather connect with someone, that you know who will support you.
- Assess how likely you are to succeed. Often each of us knows exactly what to do, we might even get started, but the challenge comes when we become complacent or slip back into our old ways. If this is your challenge, reach out for a coach and start being accountable
- Do not wait, take action now!
Waiting or worrying about the way things are is a waste of your time and your energy, until you take the first step, you will not live your best life possible.
As my gift to you, I invite you spend 1-hour with me for a Complimentary Parenting Discovery Session where we determine if I can assist you to take control of your life while we identify where you can start immediately with or without my assistance.
Why wait, start living the family life you love NOW!